SCA Houses

Campbell Club

The Campbell Club is named after Wallace J. Campbell, an alumnus of the University of Oregon. His senior thesis entitled Depression Cooperatives inspired a group of people in 1935 to begin a co-op named after Wally Campbell. Mr. Campbell went on to found C.A.R.E. and lead the cooperative movement on a national and international level.

The Campbell Club still thrives today and is a feline friendly living environment. Though house members are not necessarily vegetarian, only vegetarian food is purchased and a vegan option is always offered with dinners.

The Campbell Club is located at:
1670 Alder St.
Eugene, OR 97401



Lorax Manner

Lorax Manner

The Lorax was founded in 1990 by a group of environmentally active students. Its name was inspired by the late, great Dr. Seuss' character the Lorax, who speaks for the trees. This is why we use the word manner instead of manor, to signify striving to live in an environmental way.

Lorax cooks prepare vegan meals to the membership of up to 25 students.

The Lorax is located at:
1648 Alder St.
Eugene, OR 97401




The Janet Smith House


The Janet Smith Grad Student House caters to graduate students and non-traditional undergraduates. The namesake, Janet Smith, played an integral role in the pioneering of Eugene's cooperative movement in the 1930's. A U of O employment secretary and advisor to women's co-ops, she helped open the first women's co-op in Eugene. The house was purchased by the Students' Cooperative Association in 1981.  The JS can house up to 17 members.

The Janet Smith House is located at:
1790 Alder St. 
Eugene, OR 97401




If you are interest in a tour of any of the SCA house, please stop by the SCA office, located in the Lorax Manner  on 1648 Alder St., Eugene, OR 97401